A Timely Guide to Saving the Planet as Well as Your Health, One Bite at a Time
Mix together years of nutrition research and a dash of conference planning; gently fold in thirty years of ruminating with a climatologist, and you end up with a clear solution to both health and global warming at the center of the table – It’s the Food!
68 Whole Food Recipes and 11 Party Plans Inspired by World Cuisine, plus what it takes to sustain the earth and your body.
We’ll Keep You Posted About the Book Launch Here
- T. Colin Campbell, PhD, Cornell University Distinguished Professor Emeritus of Nutritional Biochemistry; best-selling author (The China Study, Whole): “A book on animal agriculture and global warning ought to rank high priority for everyone. With Kathy Pollard, extraordinary plant-based nutritionist married to a climatologist, the book is a needed addition to the conversation on a timely topic.”
- James Cromwell, Oscar-nominated actor and activist: “This simple guide is incredibly important and timely. It’s now or never. The public needs to be informed and given a clear call to action to preserve our planet, as this book does.”
- Julianna Hever, MS., RD, CPT, celebrity plant-based dietitian: “Climate Party! is an easily digestible guide to change the world. Eating a plant-based diet is the single greatest action you can take to protect the planet and your own health and Kathy Pollard lays out the blueprint for maximum success.”
- Brian Wendel, executive producer of Forks Over Knives, the film that became a movement: “I am happy to support this book that shares the life-saving vision of FOK”— healing people and the climate through whole food plant-based nutrition.”
- Stacey Verardo, PhD, associate professor of earth and atmospheric geology, George Washington University: “Pollard scribed a deep dive into the nexus of food and climate. It’s a delicious must read! I intend to incorporate it into my paleoclimate class.”
Get ready to change the daunting conversation over climate change into FUN, with solutions to curb your personal planet impact through your own habits, largely the food you eat. We’ll serve up cuisine from regions around the world, with a savory side of better health, and an optional dessert of weight management! Warning – you may get in some unintended planet science, not even on the menu!
Watch for Kathy’s upcoming book, Climate Party! It’s the sustainable diet party guide for great food, fun with friends, and saving the planet at the same time!
My first beautiful plate that closes Chapter 1 of the book, artfully prep
ared and photographed by MariaYoungPhotography.
- All American Bean-Burger
- Baked Fries
- Vanilla Cashew Shake
- Black Bean Brownie
Get the recipes by clicking on the SIGN-UP button here or above-right!
Here’s a fascinating website, Geology.com, with stark visualizations of potential sea-level rise around big cities. You can explore the world with their interactive maps! We’re using them as models in the upcoming Climate Party! book – each chapter will open with a map, and another stunning visual to whet your appetite for saving the planet. Stay tuned!
Professor Hockey Stick
Check out this article about Professor Michael Mann and the reaction he got from his published “hockey stick” graph indicating how our planet has warmed since the Industrial Revolution. His story and research is featured in the upcoming